Your favourite motorcycle gear to take on a tour
A few weeks ago we conducted a survey to ask what is your favourite motorcycle gear to take on a tour.
The answers are in and they are very interesting. Here are the top 7 items as selected by you in each category….
What is your favourite bit of riding gear?
- Leather jacket
- My favourite helmet (various brands mentioned)
- My favourite riding boots (various brands mentioned)
- My favourite riding gloves (various brands mentioned)
- Heated jacket / gloves
- Rokker jeans
Your favourite accessory on your motorcycle?
- Heated grips
- Sat nav / gps
- After-market seat / back rest
- Cruise control or throttle boss
- Battery booster pack
- Rider comms / music system
- Highway pegs
Best tool / maintenance item you always take with you?
- Cable ties
- Puncture repair kit / tyre pressure gauge
- Multi tool
- Duct tape
- Mini compressor
- Spare light bulbs
The one luxury item you take on tour?
- iPad or Kindle
- Credit card
- Flip flops
- Coffee maker
Plus, we asked what is the best tip you can give others when touring? These were the top answers….
- Take old t-shirts / underwear and throw away when worn
- Put everything in plastic bags inside your luggage
- Layout everything you think need, then leave half behind
- If you are not sure whether to pack something, don’t
- Ride as much as you can before lunch, you get tired after lunch
- Set your heart on the dream, and follow it to wherever it takes you
- Avoid motorways unless you need to get to better roads quickly
- Have a place to sleep for the night booked and in the sat nav at the beginning of the day
- Don’t rest too long at service stations. Far better places to be at
- Choose carefully who you ride with
Many thanks to everyone who took part. 🙂